This year was one for the books! If you would have asked me what I was doing for my birthday, I probably would have said that I was going on vacation with my sisters, but we all know why that was not an option this year. For the last few years, I have been trying to celebrate myself and do a little self care. The rule is that I have to do 44 things ( or whatever my age is) for myself before the year is over. When I first started this it was really hard- I think I did 5 things for myself! It was really hard to focus on me and think about what I wanted without thinking about the kids.
I want you guys to start taking care of yourselves too so here are some of the things I did for myself. My list is long so I won’t share the whole thing, but you can use some of these items as inspiration to start your self care journey. You don’t have to associate your “self care anniversary” with your birthday- that’s easier for me but you can choose any day of the year to reset your list.
How I prepare for this is that I “lose” $50 into my savings every month. I started this because I realized that I make sure everyone else gets paid except me. So I started paying myself!
- Make all of your doctors appointments around your birthday. This way you are taking care of yourself and your health
- Treat yourself to a new journal
- Make reservations at your favorite restaurant
- If there is something you have been eyeing, Treat Yo’Self to it… you deserve it
- I bought some stocks (Apple and Tesla did a split and I needed to get into that, will save that for the kids)
What I have learned in this short time is that you have to put yourself first, and learn who you are along the way. How will you treat your self for your birthday?